Women's, Gender,and Sexuality Studies (WGSS) is an interdisciplinary academic program that challenges students to critically engage the ways that intersecting categories of gender, sexuality, race, class/caste, age, dis/ability, and citizenship shape our lives, cultures, and communities.
Our Program has been a vibrant part of the ISU community since 1972.
Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Undergraduate Minor
Learn and apply the critical tools to examine the persistence of injustices in both historical and contemporary contexts.
Queer Studies Certificate
Enhance your understanding of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex (LGBTQIA+) issues.
Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Graduate Certificate
Students have the opportunity to study gender and its intersections in various aspects of identity.
WGSS Graduate Certificate for Social Work Students
An ideal match for social work students interested in broadening their understandings of social injustice.
Learn how we can help support your academic experience.
Current Course Offerings
Are you interested in pursuing a minor or graduate certificate in Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies (WGSS)? Are you curious to know what WGSS courses are being offered? Please view our course offerings below.
You have career and academic goals to accomplish. We can help.
Major-Specific Sample Plans of Study
Interested in a WGSS minor, but unsure how it could fit within your schedule? Below are major-specific plans of study with the WGSS minor.
- Anthropology and WGSS Minor
- Art - Photography and WGSS Minor
- Criminal Justice and WGSS Minor
- English and WGSS Minor
- English Teacher Education and WGSS Minor
- Environmental Systems Science and WGSS Minor
- Health Promotion and Education Public Health and WGSS Minor
- History and WGSS Minor
- Music Business and WGSS Minor
- Philosophy and WGSS Minor
- Political Science and WGSS Minor
- Psychology and WGSS Minor
- School Health Education and WGSS Minor
- Social Work and WGSS Minor
- Sociology and WGSS Minor